Article overview: Deaths


Mr Wang Wenzhang from Liaoning province passed away as a result of persecution

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr Wang Wenzhang from Xifeng County, Liaoning Province, was persecuted repeatedly for upholding his practice of Falun Gong. Most recently he was illegally arrested and sentenced to four years in prison in March 2009. He was brutally tortured in Dongling Prison and suffered a stroke. He was released on bail for medical treatment in early 2013. It was too late however, and within the next six months Mr Wang became paralysed. On March 28th, 2014, at the age of 65, he lost his life. READ MORE

02-06-2014 Deaths

My brother was tortured to death within ten days at Gangbei Prison

( After being held in prison for 11 years, I was released on medical parole on April 26th, 2013, because of ill health.

On arriving home, I was told that my younger brother, Mr Li Xiwang, died ten days after he was taken to Gangbei Prison. I had to find out how he died.

According to my sister, our brother was in good health when she last saw him, which was before he was taken to Gangbei Prison. He died ten days after arriving there. READ MORE

23-10-2013 Witness accounts

Former deputy party secretary Mr Zhang Qingchao died after suffering years of persecution

Mr Zhang Qingchao was the deputy Party secretary of Huaiqiao Township, Quzhou County, Hebei Province when the Chinese Communist regime launched the persecution of Falun Dafa on July 20th, 1999. He was deposed for telling others the facts of Falun Dafa and the persecution. For the past twelve years, he had been incarcerated twice at the Handan Forced Labour Camp. The township did not let him return to work after his last release. Under the pain and pressure the persecution continued to cause him, Mr Zhang's health deteriorated and he passed away on March 7th, 2012. READ MORE

20-10-2013 Deaths

After 13 years of brutal suppression, a turning of the tide?

NEW YORK – On May 29th, Mr Yu Xuezhong left home to go to his friend’s house. Little did he know it would be his last time. That evening, police burst in, abducting the two men in a sweep that pulled in at least 20 others who practise Falun Gong in Northeast China’s Jilin City. They were taken to a nearby police station, handcuffed, and beaten. The next day, Mr Yu’s family received a phone call. The 53-year-old was dead. READ MORE

06-08-2012 Deaths