(Minghui.org) The San Francisco Superior Court placed a restraining order against San Francisco resident Jingjun Chin on Wednesday (August 1st) after the court was presented with video evidence that he physically attacked and harassed San Francisco residents who practise Falun Gong.
After a 3-hour hearing, Judge Donald Sullivan ordered Jing-Jun Chin to stay away from the three Falun Gong practitioners he allegedly attacked last month. Chin also has also been ordered to stay away from the family members of these Falun Gong practitioners. The order is valid for six months.
One of the victims, Helena Li said the restraining order is a “good start” and the first step in bringing Chin to justice.
On Sunday, June 10th, at the corner of Grant and Washington streets in Chinatown, a group of four or five practitioners gathered to give out flyers and hold up a placard that tells about Falun Gong and how the practice is persecuted in China. According to practitioners present at the scene, the following scenario played out.
At this same street corner, Jingjun Chin, wearing a red T-shirt stood on a stool behind the practitioners. Standing above the practitioners on a stool, he loudly cursed Falun Gong and shouted out slogans that support the Chinese regime.
Another Chinese man, Yongyao Wu, then approached the Falun Gong practitioners. He also cursed Falun Gong and then took a swing at one of them, a young man named Derek Wang, connecting with his jaw. He then struck Wang’s face a second time.
Jingjun Chin then got down off the stool and urged the older man to leave before the police arrived, as practitioners had photographed the man striking Wang and called 911 (emergency services) asking for assistance.
A week later, on June 16th, Jingjun Chin attacked Falun Gong practitioners Christine Yang and Helena Li at the corner of Grant and Washington streets in Chinatown. He hit Yang and Li with a wooden board.
Ten incidences of attacking Falun Gong practitioners have happened in the last eight months, and eight of them happened in Chinatown. Falun Gong spokesperson Dr Xuerong Zhang said that the recent series of attacks are “a big safety concern to Chinese people in the US”
Dr Zhang said, “In a country of democracy and rule of law, in broad daylight, people are beaten. The perpetrators must be brought to justice. These attacks are different from general attacks. These attacks are hate crimes, part of a series of hate crimes backed by the CCP regime.”
Dr Zhang said that a common feature of the attacks was that they all targeted Falun Gong. It is believed that the hate crimes are the consequence of propaganda by the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco, intended to extend the CCP’s persecution of Falun Gong overseas. Many prior attacks and false reports in Chinatown against Falun Gong were instigated, supported, or masterminded by CCP spies in cooperation with CCP-controlled media overseas.
Support from member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors
John Avalos, a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, said on July 31st that he is concerned about the attack, and he was shocked by the fact that people have tried to suppress Falun Gong's voice in America by using violence. On July 26th, John Avalos signed a petition that calls for bringing the attackers to justice and protecting citizen's safety and freedom of belief.