Psychiatric abuse and injections with unknown drugs

11-04-2005 Psychiatric torture

Thousands of mentally healthy Falun Gong practitioners have been detained in psychiatric institutions. Among them are teachers, judges and people practising other professions who were declared insane because they spread information about the persecution of Falun Gong to people, or just because they practise Falun Gong exercises. To break their will and force them to renounce Falun Gong, the staff injected psychotropic drugs that damage the nervous system. As a result the victims were brought into horrific states of physical pain and mental suffering. This form of torture often results in permanent brain damage or irreversible psychological damage. Many died from such "treatment" and many others, by the intense persecution and psychological pressure in the psychiatric wards, mentally collapsed.

Practitioners are also subjected to intense brainwashing tactics to get them to turn against Falun Gong; They are tortured by electric shock therapy, the prohibition to sleep and the administration of high doses of powerful drugs tortured.

The World Psychiatric Association decided in August 2002 to investigate this, but the Chinese authorities repeatedly refused them access to any mental facilities.

Wang Jiqin, 29, killed by a lethal drug


The Chongqing City Police arrested Ms. Wang Jiqin because she refused to renounce Falun Gong.

On July 29th, 2000, she was unlawfully taken to the Chongqing City Maojiashan Female Forced Labour Camp and sentenced to two years of hard labour.

There, she was subjected to the cruellest mental and physical tortures. As a result, her health deteriorated daily, her weight dropped, and she could no longer look after herself.

In the name of treating her “illnesses”, the camp police ordered seven or eight inmates who were drug addicts to force-feed her with an unknown drug, causing her to lapse into a coma.

Seeing that Ms Wang was near death, the labour camp sent her home in order to avoid responsibility.

After returning home, Ms Wang remained in critical condition, spitting up blood and passing blood in her stool. Her limbs became extremely weak. She also had difficulty breathing, coughed, vomited, and had diarrhoea. She felt sharp pains in her abdomen due to ascites [accumulation of serous fluid in the abdomen], and she could not sleep at night.

She died on September 23rd, 2002.

"With continued injections of this kind, your whole body and all your internal organs will wither, so you will suffer agony until death."

Ms Hou Jinyuan is a 59 years old Falun Gong practitioner and resident of Baiyanghu, a small village in the Hunan Province.

The authorities imprisoned Ms Hou several times in an attempt to persuade her to stop practising Falun Gong. On January 13th, 2002, Hou Jinyuan conducted a hunger strike to resist the illegal, long-term detention. She was brought to the psychosis ward of the People's Hospital and forcibly injected with an unknown drug. After the injection, the elderly lady felt that her forehead and tongue had become numb. When the nurse gave the injection on the third day, she told Hou Jinyuan in low voice: "You have to eat. With continued injections of this kind, your whole body and all your internal organs will wither, so you will suffer agony until death."

However, Hou refused to give up her faith and and injections continued. After the injection on the fifth day, both of Hou Jinyuan's legs became numb and lost feeling when she tried to stand. By the end of January, both of the elderly lady's legs were paralysed, and both eyes were blurry. After the Chinese New Year (February 12th), she was completely blind in both eyes.

Mo Shuijin


Shuijin Mo was euthanised by the 6-10 Office. Shuijin Mo, female, 64 years of age, retired from the Changan Bus Company, Chongqing. In May 2001, Shuijin Mo was arrested because she was a Falun Gong practitioner and sentenced to two years of forced labour at the Chongqing Women's Forced Labour Camp. She started to cough up blood after 50 days of detention. In order to torture her, the camp guards sealed her mouth with tape and locked her in a small isolation cell. After several months of torture, Shuijin Mo was on the verge of death. The local 6-10 Office transferred her to the Changan Hospital and arranged for a policewoman to pretend to be a hospital staff member, who gave Shuijin Mo an injection to kill her. She collapsed and died.

Lu Hongfeng


In March 2000, the Education Bureau of Lingwu City suspended Ms Lu Hongfeng because she signed a letter of appeal requesting an end to the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. On June 7th, 2000, the authorities and her husband took her to the mental hospital. In the hospital, she was tied to the bed and forcibly injected with large quantities of drugs. In order to make her renounce Falun Gong, she was given eight times the normal dosage. After fifty days of torture in the hospital she had became very weak, as the drugs destroyed her central nervous system. In July 2000, she was sent home, but her husband continued to give her large doses of drugs to further damage her nervous system. On September 6th, 2000, she died from the psychiatric abuse (source)


In Focus

For more information please contact the Falun Dafa Information center

+44 (0) 8444 828 660 (Rosemary Byfield)
or use our contact formular