News about Falun Dafa and the human rights crises in China
Falun Dafa Information centre
Article overview: Deaths

Persecution of Falun Gong continues Into 2015 13/06/2015

Deaths Chinese regime authorities continue to arrest and torture, sometimes to death, practitioners of the traditional meditation practice Falun Gong over the first three months of the new year. Incomplete statistics reveal hundreds of illegal detentions and dozens of deaths as a result of abuse in custody.


Mr Liu Zhanhai, arrested for doing the Falun Gong exercises, dies in prison 29/12/2014

Deaths ( Falun Gong practitioner Mr Liu Zhanhai from the Nangang District in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, died on December 5th, 2014, while serving a four-year prison term in the Shenyang No. 1 Prison. Mr Liu was one of the 13 practitioners arrested in Shenyang in March 2013 for doing the Falun Gong exercises in public. He was subsequently sentenced to a four-year prison term.

Harassed after four years in prison, Mr Li Hailong dies at home 12/12/2014

Deaths ( Falun Gong practitioner Mr Li Hailong, 42, passed away in September 2014. He had been imprisoned for four years, and was arrested again on October 18th, 2013. The police took him to the local police station and threatened him. Mr Li was released after the police extorted 2,000 Yuan (GBP £210) from him. His health deteriorated and he became emaciated.


Mr Li Guangfan dies as a result of long term persecution 28/11/2014

Deaths ( Falun Gong practitioner Mr Li Guangfan from Chengguan Township in Yi County, Liaoning Province, passed away on September 18th, 2014, after long term persecution. He was 59 years old. His wife, Ms Wu Fengyan, passed away at the age of 51 on May 21st, 2010, of a cerebral haemorrhage. She had also been repeatedly persecuted for her belief in Falun Gong.


Practitioner suspected to have died from organ harvesting ten years ago 26/09/2014

Deaths ( Mr Fan Xuejun died as a result of persecution while imprisoned 10 years ago. His family suspected that he died from organ harvesting when they inspected his body. However, under huge pressure, they did not have the courage to expose their findings at the time.


Mr Wang Wenzhang from Liaoning province passed away as a result of persecution 02/06/2014

Deaths ( Falun Gong practitioner Mr Wang Wenzhang from Xifeng County, Liaoning Province, was persecuted repeatedly for upholding his practice of Falun Gong. Most recently he was illegally arrested and sentenced to four years in prison in March 2009. He was brutally tortured in Dongling Prison and suffered a stroke. He was released on bail for medical treatment in early 2013. It was too late however, and within the next six months Mr Wang became paralysed. On March 28th, 2014, at the age of 65, he lost his life.


My brother was tortured to death within ten days at Gangbei Prison 23/10/2013

Witness accounts ( After being held in prison for 11 years, I was released on medical parole on April 26th, 2013, because of ill health.

On arriving home, I was told that my younger brother, Mr Li Xiwang, died ten days after he was taken to Gangbei Prison. I had to find out how he died.

According to my sister, our brother was in good health when she last saw him, which was before he was taken to Gangbei Prison. He died ten days after arriving there.

Former deputy party secretary Mr Zhang Qingchao died after suffering years of persecution 20/10/2013

Deaths Mr Zhang Qingchao was the deputy Party secretary of Huaiqiao Township, Quzhou County, Hebei Province when the Chinese Communist regime launched the persecution of Falun Dafa on July 20th, 1999. He was deposed for telling others the facts of Falun Dafa and the persecution. For the past twelve years, he had been incarcerated twice at the Handan Forced Labour Camp. The township did not let him return to work after his last release. Under the pain and pressure the persecution continued to cause him, Mr Zhang's health deteriorated and he passed away on March 7th, 2012.


After 13 years of brutal suppression, a turning of the tide? 06/08/2012

Deaths NEW YORK – On May 29th, Mr Yu Xuezhong left home to go to his friend’s house. Little did he know it would be his last time. That evening, police burst in, abducting the two men in a sweep that pulled in at least 20 others who practise Falun Gong in Northeast China’s Jilin City. They were taken to a nearby police station, handcuffed, and beaten. The next day, Mr Yu’s family received a phone call. The 53-year-old was dead.