- 1Countless children have become orphaned in the persecution. Other children were directly targeted by the persecution
- 2Wang Yuexing, 13 years old, orphaned after his father died
- 3Wang Defu, 12 years old, needed to drop out of school to support his family after his mother died
- 4Tian Ge, 11 years old, orphaned due to the persecution
- 5Shang Liyun, 11 years old. Father dies and mother imprisoned
- 6Wang Shujie, a 4-year-old girl from Shandong Province, died as a result of a trauma
- 7Three-year-old Huang Yin’s mother died from persecution
- 8Huhu, 4-year-old boy, left alone after happy family torn apart by persecution
- 9Chen Fei, 11 years old. Father tortured to death
- 10Brothers Zang Haoran, 16 years old, and Zang Haotong, 14 years old. Father died as a result of persecution
- 11Zhang Haonan, 8 years old. Father tortured to death
- 12Six-year-old Huang Xinyu orphaned from persecution
- 13Dai Fadu, 4 years old, lost her father when she was 15 months old
- 14Rongrong, separated from her parents, lives with her grandfather
- 15Piao Yonghe, 9 years old. His mother died from torture
Wang Shujie, a 4-year-old girl from Shandong Province, died as a result of a trauma
On July 19th, 2000, a group of police officers broke into Shujie uncle's home and abducted all adults in the house in front of Shujie. On December 3rd, 2000, the police took Shujie's father and Shujie to the Guansi Police Station for interrogation. Before Shujie's father even opened his mouth, the officer used a book to slap his face. Shujie immediately passed out from shock and fear. After she woke up, she had a fever and was sweating. She shook her head from side to side due to severe pain in her head. She was restless and uneasy and banged her head against the wall. After she returned home, she was in a lethargic sleep for a whole day.
The police went to Shujie's home over and over again to arrest her family members. Shujie's family was forced to leave home to avoid illegal arrest. Shujie's health was greatly damaged from mental shocks over and over again, and from living in fear for a long time. Her health was devastated and she had difficulty eating.
At dawn on February 1st, 2002, nearly 20 police officers surrounded Shujie's home. They broke inside in an attempt to kidnap Shujie's father to a brainwashing class. Shujie was so scared she wet her bed. The police simply ignored her and took away Shujie's father and sent him to a brainwashing class. Shujie cried loudly.
On February 14th, 2002, Shujie and her aunt went to the brainwashing class to visit her father. When she returned, Shujie said to her mother, "Dad said today is my birthday, but he can't be with me." Mother looked at the emaciated child and shed tears. Shujie was only skin and bones and she hardly grew during the two years of persecution. She had a hard time sleeping and eating. Her parents had to take her to a hospital for help. Shujie was found to have a benign fluid bubble on her brain and needed surgery. After the operation, Shujie began convulsing and her body temperature reached 107.6 0F (42 oC). Four days later, Shujie stopped breathing and died.