- 1Countless children have become orphaned in the persecution. Other children were directly targeted by the persecution
- 2Wang Yuexing, 13 years old, orphaned after his father died
- 3Wang Defu, 12 years old, needed to drop out of school to support his family after his mother died
- 4Tian Ge, 11 years old, orphaned due to the persecution
- 5Shang Liyun, 11 years old. Father dies and mother imprisoned
- 6Wang Shujie, a 4-year-old girl from Shandong Province, died as a result of a trauma
- 7Three-year-old Huang Yin’s mother died from persecution
- 8Huhu, 4-year-old boy, left alone after happy family torn apart by persecution
- 9Chen Fei, 11 years old. Father tortured to death
- 10Brothers Zang Haoran, 16 years old, and Zang Haotong, 14 years old. Father died as a result of persecution
- 11Zhang Haonan, 8 years old. Father tortured to death
- 12Six-year-old Huang Xinyu orphaned from persecution
- 13Dai Fadu, 4 years old, lost her father when she was 15 months old
- 14Rongrong, separated from her parents, lives with her grandfather
- 15Piao Yonghe, 9 years old. His mother died from torture
Wang Yuexing, 13 years old, orphaned after his father died
Wang Yuexing, Born on January 9th, 1992, became an orphan after his father Wang Kemin was persecuted to death in 2003. He now lives with his uncle Wang Kelong and his grandmother Wang Yanzhi, since his mother died as well.
Wang Yuexing is attending the No. 43 Middle School in Shenyang City. Sources used to pay Wang Yuexing's living expenses: (1) Wang Kemin's work unit, the No. 65 Middle School of Daqing Petroleum Administrative Bureau Education and Training Centre, provides 1,956 Yuan (GBP £200) per year, including an orphan fee of 143 Yuan (GBP £15) per month. (2) Wang Yuexing's mother died at work and is therefore eligible for a pension of 5,040 Yuan (GBP £525) per year, which equals 420 Yuan (GBP £45) per month.
Wang Kemin was a geography teacher at Daqing No. 65 Middle School. He began practising Falun Gong in spring 1997 and was the assistant of the Hongwei Village area. After July 20th, 1999, when the persecution of Falun Dafa began, he went to Beijing three times to appeal for Dafa and hang banners. He was subjected to brainwashing and persecution multiple times by his school staff and the education and training centre. He was also illegally arrested many times by the police at Honggang District's Babaishang Police Station.
In August 2000, he was transferred to Longfeng Detention Centre. He was then sent to Daqing City Forced Labour Camp at the end of September 2000 for one year of forced labour. In the beginning of September 2001, he was showing a video-CD about the staged Tiananmen self-immolation to his co-workers and was reported. He escaped but was forced to become homeless to avoid further persecution.
Later, he suffered many times at the hands of the police. On the morning of May 8th, 2003, he was in his flat when the police pounded on the door, trying to break in. Wanting to avoid the persecution, he tried to escape. Instead, he fell from the building and lost his life. He was only 38 years old when he died.