- 1Countless children have become orphaned in the persecution. Other children were directly targeted by the persecution
- 2Wang Yuexing, 13 years old, orphaned after his father died
- 3Wang Defu, 12 years old, needed to drop out of school to support his family after his mother died
- 4Tian Ge, 11 years old, orphaned due to the persecution
- 5Shang Liyun, 11 years old. Father dies and mother imprisoned
- 6Wang Shujie, a 4-year-old girl from Shandong Province, died as a result of a trauma
- 7Three-year-old Huang Yin’s mother died from persecution
- 8Huhu, 4-year-old boy, left alone after happy family torn apart by persecution
- 9Chen Fei, 11 years old. Father tortured to death
- 10Brothers Zang Haoran, 16 years old, and Zang Haotong, 14 years old. Father died as a result of persecution
- 11Zhang Haonan, 8 years old. Father tortured to death
- 12Six-year-old Huang Xinyu orphaned from persecution
- 13Dai Fadu, 4 years old, lost her father when she was 15 months old
- 14Rongrong, separated from her parents, lives with her grandfather
- 15Piao Yonghe, 9 years old. His mother died from torture
Three-year-old Huang Yin’s mother died from persecution
Huang Ying (nickname: Kai Xin), female, was born on May 18th, 2001. Three months after Huang Ying's birth, she was forced to separate from her mother to avoid persecution. That was the last time she saw her mother alive.
On October 30th, 1999, Huang Ying’s mother Luo Zhixiang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was sent back. She was detained for 20 days. On June 13th, 2000, she went to Beijing again to appeal and was beaten and detained for one day at the Tiananmen Square Police Station. On October 29th, 2000, and November 20th, 2002, Ms Luo was sent twice to Division 2 of No. 1 Forced Labour Camp in Chini Town, Huadu District, Guangzhou City by perpetrators in Guangzhou City, during which time the guards beat, force-fed and tortured her with a method called the "Dead Person's Bed". On December 5th, 2002, when she was one-and-a-half years old, Huang Ying saw her mother's body. Her father Huang Guohua, also a Falun Gong practitioner, was then in a labour camp and didn't know his wife had died.
Right now Huang Ying lives with her grandparents in a dilapidated house made of sun-dried mud bricks (adobe bricks). Her grandparents have no source of income and cannot afford to send her to a nursery.