- 1Countless children have become orphaned in the persecution. Other children were directly targeted by the persecution
- 2Wang Yuexing, 13 years old, orphaned after his father died
- 3Wang Defu, 12 years old, needed to drop out of school to support his family after his mother died
- 4Tian Ge, 11 years old, orphaned due to the persecution
- 5Shang Liyun, 11 years old. Father dies and mother imprisoned
- 6Wang Shujie, a 4-year-old girl from Shandong Province, died as a result of a trauma
- 7Three-year-old Huang Yin’s mother died from persecution
- 8Huhu, 4-year-old boy, left alone after happy family torn apart by persecution
- 9Chen Fei, 11 years old. Father tortured to death
- 10Brothers Zang Haoran, 16 years old, and Zang Haotong, 14 years old. Father died as a result of persecution
- 11Zhang Haonan, 8 years old. Father tortured to death
- 12Six-year-old Huang Xinyu orphaned from persecution
- 13Dai Fadu, 4 years old, lost her father when she was 15 months old
- 14Rongrong, separated from her parents, lives with her grandfather
- 15Piao Yonghe, 9 years old. His mother died from torture
Zhang Haonan, 8 years old. Father tortured to death
Zhang Haonan, male, is 8 years old now. (He was born on June 11th, 1996). He lives with his grandmother and mother and is a Year 4 pupil at the Yucai Street Experimental Elementary School in Leshan City.
Mr Zhang Zhuo, 32, was an official in the Agriculture Bureau in Leshan City, Sichuan Province. He started to practise Falun Gong in 1996 and was very active in promoting Falun Gong. On June 7th, 2002, Zhang Zhuo was arrested and sent to the Zhanggongqiao Second Police Station. On June 8th, Zhang died in the police station. There was blood on his teeth, bruises on his face and marks on his neck, indicating he was probably strangled with a rope. When Zhang Zhuo died, his son Zhang Haonan was only 6 years old.
It was reported that Zhang Zhuo's family was not notified to see his body until June 11th. They saw his body at the crematorium. His death was so sudden that it was difficult for his family to accept. Although he appeared to have been strangled with a rope, his facial expression was very peaceful and not frightened at all, which reminded his family of his bespectacled, ever-smiling face. The police did not give an explanation for the cause of Zhang’s death.