- 1Countless children have become orphaned in the persecution. Other children were directly targeted by the persecution
- 2Wang Yuexing, 13 years old, orphaned after his father died
- 3Wang Defu, 12 years old, needed to drop out of school to support his family after his mother died
- 4Tian Ge, 11 years old, orphaned due to the persecution
- 5Shang Liyun, 11 years old. Father dies and mother imprisoned
- 6Wang Shujie, a 4-year-old girl from Shandong Province, died as a result of a trauma
- 7Three-year-old Huang Yin’s mother died from persecution
- 8Huhu, 4-year-old boy, left alone after happy family torn apart by persecution
- 9Chen Fei, 11 years old. Father tortured to death
- 10Brothers Zang Haoran, 16 years old, and Zang Haotong, 14 years old. Father died as a result of persecution
- 11Zhang Haonan, 8 years old. Father tortured to death
- 12Six-year-old Huang Xinyu orphaned from persecution
- 13Dai Fadu, 4 years old, lost her father when she was 15 months old
- 14Rongrong, separated from her parents, lives with her grandfather
- 15Piao Yonghe, 9 years old. His mother died from torture
Six-year-old Huang Xinyu orphaned from persecution
Huang Xinyu was born on January 8th, 1998. She is in Year 2 at Guangming Elementary School, Wanghua District, Fushun City. Her parents, both Falun Gong practitioners, died as a result of persecution. She is living with her paternal grandparents.
When her mother died, Xinyu was less than 2 years old; she was 5 when her father was tortured to death. On September 29th, 1999, Huang Xinyu’s mother Zhong Yunxiu was persecuted to death at 27 years of age. Zhong was an English teacher at Beisanjia Middle School in Qingyuan County in Fushun City, Liaoning Province. On July 20th, 1999, Zhong went to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing. In late September 1999, she was illegally arrested. On September 29th, 1999, while being escorted back to her home province, Zhong jumped from a speeding train in order to escape from the unjust detention and died.
Huang Xinyu’s father Huang Ke used to work in the No. 10 Research Branch in Fushun Petroleum Chemical Industry Research Institute. After Zhong Yunxiu died, Huang Ke's work unit refused to let him return to work. On July 3rd, 2003, Huang Ke was tortured to death in the No. 1 Detention Centre of Fushun City at 31 years of age.
Huang Xinyu's grandparents suffer terrible hardships. Due to an accident, Huang Ke's mother has suffered from a mental disorder for many years. Huang Ke's younger and only brother drowned when he was only 10 years old. After that, Huang was the only child of the family. Now, the grandparents have lost all their children. Huang Ke worked at the same work unit as his father Huang Zuhai. In their work unit, many people were poisoned by anti-Falun Gong propaganda. As a consequence, Huang Ke's father has to bear a lot of pressure due to the rumours and slanderous comments of his colleagues, as well as the pain of losing his son and the extra responsibility of raising his granddaughter.